As a person prone to brooding over everything, good or bad, I take this time of year to reflect on the bygone year and take stock of all the blessings God has given us. Here are a list of the top 10 blessings, some in disguise, my family experienced from the last year:
10) Yoga teacher training- gave me knowledge and skill sets I use to help others with fitness/pain management/stress relief, and helped me to help myself in those areas as well. And, the opportunity to teach in an actual studio
9) College drop out- my husband quit school to work full time and spend more time with us as a family… But, in doing so, he was able to heed God’s call on his life and enrolled in online classes at Liberty University to pursue a degree that will help him in the ministry.
8) Eviction notice- our rental house was sold and the buyers decided to terminate our lease. This led to a 5 week period of homelessness during which we crashed in a friend’s basement.
7) Good friends- helped us through all of our transitions this year
6) a totaled vehicle- insurance covered the damages and through a bad situation, we were able to afford a larger vehicle for our expanding family
5) New home- we finally were able to purchase our forever homestead because we were “nudged” out of our rental situation
4) New job- my husband left his full time job to work as a youth corrections officer. Very stressful, but rich mission field and we’re learning to adjust
3) Our Daughter- baby girl came 3 weeks prematurely, but is healthy as a horse now, and reminds me every day of how precious and fragile life is.
2) My Husband- has been a steadfast support for our family and I’m honored to be called his wife and the mother of our children
1) Jesus Christ- the reason for all my celebration all year long as I rejoice in God my Savior, who saw fit to ransom me from sin and offer me forgiveness by His grace and infinite love.
Merry Christmas, and happy new year!