Compost Bin Update

We finally got around to completing the compost bins’ frames. Yay!

There was a hiccup in our measurements though. My husband measured and cut the boards to the dimensions I specified, but I hadn’t made clear how they were going to be put together, so long story short, we ended up with rectangles rather than squares. No big deal, they still do the job of containment, they just aren’t the same dimensions as the pallets. We can fix it down the road, but they work in the meantime because, all they’re doing is containing decomposing organic matter, so pristine isn’t really important to me.

Here’s how they turned out:


The compost is turning into beautiful black gold, slowly but surely! Looking forward to planting this spring

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s