Today I finished Baby Ian’s quilt. He’s due at the end of July, so I’m not sure he’ll get a ton of use out of it before it cools down some, but my kiddos always liked being extra warm and snuggly regardless of the weather.
I’m really pleased with the way it turned out. I did the binding on the machine, and I actually learned from my last quilt how to 1) join the ends of the binding and that 2) placing your starts and ends on the upper left side of the quilt is better for hiding and blending them because the eye naturally goes toward the right and down.
It’s a little more narrow than a standard size quilt, but it’s the perfect size for a crib, or for tummy time (which is where our quilts see the most action).
Overall, I’m very pleased with the end result.
I have a few more ideas for quilts/sewing projects in the near future, so stay tuned for more on that.