I read an editorial last year about the author’s late wife. He was honoring her memory by going over all the many things his lovely bride could accomplish in a single day.
It set a goal for me then; to read more, plant more, care more, serve more, give more. what I really wanted was for this woman to still be living and for her to become my new best friend and mentor. But, I think today would have made that man’s wife proud.
Here’s just a quick list of the things we accomplished today:
- Feeding family with from scratch breakfast
- Tended chickens, dogs, rabbit
- Cleaned up garden area
- Reinforced terrace beds with 3 logs
- Extended and deepened swale
- “Refinished” picture frames/baskets/office organizer (code for spray paint)
- Lunch (left overs!)
- Art day; acrilic/watercolor on canvas
- Designed and listed a new Etsy item (they’re workout shorts, and I really love them)
- Disposed of a dead trapped mouse (oh, I really hate that…but I hate live ones in my house more)
- From scratch dinner
Actually I think that’s about it for now.
I really love how the kids’ paintings turned out.
And after dinner, I’ll wash dishes, put children to bed, Bible study, and leisure reading.
I probably could have done some more but I’ve been trying to take intentional time to rest… mostly because if I don’t, I forget things like eating and using the bathroom. Who has time for that!? 😉
And to think I didn’t even make myself a list today.