Every so often, I have a brilliant idea that is actually brilliant.
This was one of those ideas.
I didn’t have any meats thawed for dinner. 4:30 pm rolled around and I found myself wondering what I was going to feed the children for dinner…
And then, it hit me. Brinner!
I’ll make pancakes!
As I was grinding the rice for flour, I wondered to myself what adding a drop of lavender oil would do to otherwise ordinary and blah pancakes.
Make. Them. Magical.
Gluten-free Lavender Honey Pancakes
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 Tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp cane sugar (optional)
- 1 drop Lavender essential oil*
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk**
- Preheat skillet or griddle and melt 2 Tbsp butter.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, salt, and sugar together.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, and lavender oil.
- Mix well, and pour batter (about 1/4c spoonfuls) onto the hot griddle. Cook until edges are slightly dry, pancakes should be golden brown (about 1-2 minutes each side.)
- Serve with butter and drizzle honey on top, with a side of fruit, bacon or sausage, and a cup of coffee and boom.
World’s best pancakes.
* Lavender oil should be 100% free of pollutants or carrier oils; use your best judgement and read the packaging of your oils to be sure they’re safe for consumption.
** Cheater buttermilk= 1 1/3c whole milk+ splash of vinegar